Apprenticeships follow a structured programme that leads to a recognised qualification through work place learning. The benefit of an apprenticeship allows you to earn and learn at the same time, gaining hands-on experience in a working environment.
Apprenticeships take place on the employers premises with generally 1 day at college and can take between one and three years to complete (depending on the chosen sector).
The level of apprenticeship will depend on a students intended career and any experience/qualifications they may have already gained. Students can progress through levels and even top up an apprenticeship to a degree in some sectors.
Employers are obliged to cover an apprentice’s salary for a minimum of 30 hours per week.
- Earning a wage
- Training alongside experience staff
- Gaining qualifications
- Learning job specific skills
- Boosting future job prospects.
What levels of Apprenticeships are there?
Apprenticeships can be taken at four levels:
- Intermediate (Level 2).
- Advanced (Level 3).
- Higher (Level 4/5). And
- Degree (Level 6).
Click here to view info on Qualifications and Levels.
Can anyone become an Apprentice?
Anyone over the age of 16, who has been living in England for at least three years and is not in full-time education, can become an apprentice. To be an apprentice you must be employed in your chosen industry.
How do I find an apprenticeship?
There are various ways to look for an apprenticeship:
- Visit the Get In Go Far website at getingofar.gov.uk for further information, check eligibility or to find an apprenticeship.
- Visit the Careermap website at careermap.co.uk and search for vacancies by post code or sector.
- Hand deliver CV’s to potential employers in person.
Click here for career related websites
Who offers Apprenticeships?
Most of the local colleges offer apprenticeships, but here are just a few of the providers in our local area:
Click here for details of Engineering, Motor Vehicle and Construction apprenticeship programmes with details of how to apply, opening and closing dates for applications and entry requirements.
- ATA Apprentice Branch Assistant – Aldershot GU12 (AD)
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Nail Services – TNB Nails & Beauty
- Engineering Apprentice
- Line Technician Apprentice
- BMW / MINI Product and Sales Apprentice – Sytner Maidenhead
- Apprentice Product Technician
- Maintenance Engineer Apprenticeship
- Planning Support Services Team Apprentice
- Business Administration Apprentice
- Apprentice Receptionist
- Apprentice Finance Officer – AAT Level 2
- Apprentice Fitness Instructor/Personal Trainer
- Apprentice Playworker Level 3
- Sales and Telesales Apprenticeship
- BMW / MINI Product & Sales Trainee – Sytner Sunningdale