CBA Tutor – Positivity
Our tips on how to be positive in school:
- Make sure you don’t focus on the negative in every situation. Try being positive about what you feel good about and are looking forward to in the future.
- Imagine all the things that could happen in the future. Think about all the things you want to achieve. Always look on the bright side.
- Making others feel good about themselves can make you feel good too. Stand up for the underdog.
- Though it may sometimes be difficult, don’t get down when teachers offer you feedback. Take what they say and learn how to use it to be better in the future.
- Talk to your teacher more about your school work, especially things you struggle with, don’t give up!
- Be happy! Smiling makes you feel better.
- Enjoy the classes that you do well in. Some lessons may be easier for you than others, so make sure you really shine in them.
How to turn a bad experience into a Positive one:
We all make choices about how much power we give to our thoughts and how we react to things that happen. To turn a bad experience into a positive one it is important to be in control of our emotions and thoughts and be able to see things from another point of view, then we can choose to react differently.
– suggests one bulb is more intelligent (brighter) than the others?
– maybe the lit bulb is more positive than the others?
– aesop (sp?) fable about slow and steady winning the race, the tortoise not giving up
– trial and improve, if you dont get it the first time, try until you do
– only one light bulb is smiling, the others look depressed, are they thinking positively?
– the cup is half full